World No Tobacco
Nicabate would like to extend a Happy World No Tobacco Day to all of those looking to quit smoking this year. The event occurs on Wednesday 31st May 2017.
What is World No Tobacco Day?
World No Tobacco Day is a World Health Organisation initiative that promotes the benefits of giving up smoking, highlighting the health risks associated with tobacco use and advocating for effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption.
What Other Incentives Surround No Tobacco Day?
The event also aims to reduce the illicit trade of tobacco in countries where the trade originates, estimated to cost the global economy billions of dollars in lost tax and customs revenue.
How Does This Affect Tobacco Consumption and the Developing World?
The illicit trade in tobacco is a major global issue for the following reasons:
- Illicit tobacco trading causes harm to people’s health, particularly in low-income groups, due to the reduced cost of cigarettes
- The trade is harnessed by organised criminal gangs for illegal profiteering and other criminal enterprises such as drugs, arms trafficking and terrorism
- The undermining of health programs that aim to combat nicotine addiction world wide
How Should I Treat World No Tobacco Day?
If you are a smoker trying to quit, join the tradition on World No Tobacco Day and refrain from smoking. Join Nicabate’s Support Community on Facebook to speak with others about your efforts to kick the habit, or read from one of our many articles on getting prepared to quit, or staying strong on the journey to give up smoking.
Alternatively, check out one of our Nicotine Replacement Therapy products that can help get you through the dayto relieve cravings and ultimately help you quit.
Will I Be Able to Get through the Day?
Sure you can! Stay strong and listen to your body. And don’t forget:
- Remembering why you need to quit is key to staying strong and sticking to your goal
- When you feel the urge to go outside and have a cigarette, go and have a glass of water, sit back down to wait a few minutes, and then decide if you need the cigarette or not.
- Think about why you had the urge to smoke. Did you get stressed? If so, try another method to relieve your stress, such as going for a walk around the block, or calling a partner, friend or family member to chat for a while.
Nicabate is here to help, and wishes everyone a happy quitting on World No Tobacco Day 2017!
Stop smoking aid. Contains nicotine. Use only as directed.
Facts and Figures quoted from the World Health Organisation.
Read more on Tobacco Fact Sheets from the World Health Organisation.