24 hour craving control
Nicabate 24-hour patch. Helps prevent the urge to smoke all day long.1-5
Features Smart Control Technology that releases nicotine continuously throughout the day.
- Gets to work fast, and keeps working for 24 hours to help control your cravings
- 10-week step-down program allows you to gradually help control your need for nicotine
- Nicabate Patches are clear and a discreet quit smoking solution.
Which product could be right for me?
I smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day
21mg - Clear Patch
7 or 14 patches
I smoke less than 10 cigarettes per day
14mg - Clear Patch
I am ready to step down from 14 mg
7mg - Clear Patch
HOW TO USE NICABATE 24-HOUR PATCHES
How to use: Apply one patch to the skin once a day, preferably on waking. Nicabate Clear Patches are intended to be used for 24 hours but can be removed before bedtime (after 16 hours)if preferred.
Step down Program with Nicabate 24 hour patch
If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day
If you smoke less than 10 cigarettes per day
It can be tricky to overcome your cravings. Nicabate 24 Hour Patches provide a continuous, steady dose of nicotine around the clock, to help you manage your cravings
Waking up with the urge to smoke is one of the predictors of a lapse.6 To help protect against morning cravings, Nicabate 24 Hour Patches provide a steady stream of nicotine over 24 hours. They start delivering nicotine as soon as the patch is applied.
Nicabate 24 hour Patches come in three different strengths, to be used as part of the step down program that gradually helps to wean your body off nicotine while keeping cravings and withdrawal symptoms under control.
Carefully read the label to check which strength (and step) to start with and follow the program as indicated on the back of the carton and in the leaflet.
If you smoke 10 cigarettes or more a day, start with Step 1 and gradually move to Steps 2 and 3 as directed on pack over 10 weeks. If you smoke fewer than 10 cigarettes a day, start at Step 2 and follow the 8 week program described on the pack
- 1. Shiffman S, Ferguson SG. Nicotine patch Therapy prior to quitting smoking: a meta-analysis. Addiction 2008;103:557-563. Study supported by GlaxoSmithKline.
- 2. Rose JE, et al. Pre-cessation treatment with nicotine patch significantly increases abstinence rates relative to conventional treatment. Nicotine & Tobacco Research 2009 11(9):1067-1075.
- 3. Stead LF, Perera R, Bullen C, Mant D, Lancaster T. Nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 1
- 4. Report of the New South Wales Chief Health Officer; Health-related behaviours - Quitting smoking http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/public-health/chorep/beh/beh_smoquit_year.htm
- 5. GSK data on file
- 5. Shiffman S et al. Addiction 2008; 103:557-563.
- 6. Shiffman S et al J Abnormal Psychology 1997; 106(1) : 104-116